This is a work-in-progress roadmap for MODX Revolution.
For the next patch release (2.3.x), see the changelog in the master branch for information on fixed bugs and improvements. Patch releases are typically published released at least once every three months, but depends on the contents of those releases.
Next Minor Release: Revolution 2.4.0
MODX Revolution 2.4 is expected to be released in Q3 2015. The following new features or improvements, among many others, have been added to 2.4.0 so far:
- Package dependencies are now available for extra developers.
- Enhanced configcheck dashboard widget with better styling and a new check to recommend updating PHP (#12470).
- Emptying the trash (#12456) and logging in to the manager (#12455) is now logged to the manager log
- Added JSONP support to connectors (#12420)
- Username for the anonymous user configurable via a system setting (#12418)
- New use_frozen_parent_uris setting allows friendly urls to respect frozen parent URIs (#12415)
- Setting keys in context and user settings are auto suggested (#12371)
- New Namespace permissions allows restricting access to specific namespaces via ACLs (#12354)
- Date TVs can hide the time field (#12348)
- New System Events page has been added to the manager (#12316)
- Provider is now sent information about the chosen language (#12232)
- Links in package descriptions now open in a new tab/window (#12247)
- Plugins now have access to the executed plugin object via modSystemEvent->plugin (#12015)
- Improvements to the uberbar, including putting the version number back into the header (#11958)
- The list of users in a user group now uses a grid instead of a tree, making it better to use with lots of users or groups (#11907)
- Add ability to customize media source icons (#11881)
- Add ability to customize the top bar navigation (main/user nav) (#11858)
- Add user photos to the profiles (#11844)
- The alias field fills automatically when typing the pagetitle in a new resource (#11799)
- Add ability to reorder categories through a rank field instead of by name (#11561)
To try out the new MODX Revolution 2.4.0 before it is released, you can build MODX from the develop branch on GitHub.
MODX Next, commonly referred to as MODX 3, will be built up from a new architecture using more modern coding practices and third party libraries. For more information about this, please read the following articles:
- Keeping MODX Relevant - Part One, by Jason "opengeek" Coward, February 11th, 2015 on Medium
- Keeping MODX Relevant - Part Two, by Jason "opengeek" Coward, February 23rd, 2015 on Medium
- What do we know about MODX 3 so far?, by Mark Hamstra, May 29th, 2015 on MODX.today
- Keeping MODX Relevant - Part Three, by Jason "opengeek" Coward, June 16th, 2015 on Medium
At this time there is no fixed roadmap or timeline for MODX Next.
Suggest an edit to this page on GitHub (Requires GitHub account. Opens a new window/tab).