It can be very tricky to create a Multilingual website no matter wich framework or CMS you use. As always doing it in MODX is not that difficult.
Our goal: We want one website with three supported languages and a nice, SEO friendly, URL for each language
- English - http://your-website-url.com
- Dutch http://your-website-url.com/nl/
- German - http://your-website-url.com/de/
These websites will be very easy to manage from within one MODX manager and creating/managing translations of pages should be a breeze.
For this tutorial you will need:
- MODX Revolution (2.1 or higher) installed
- Access to your root folder (.htaccess or ht.access file)
- Babel 2.2.4-pl package, get it here or you can get it from within the MODX Manager